Heritage Pathfinder Ltd
About Heritage Pathfinder Ltd
Heritage Pathfinder is a small, limited company offering services such as audience insights, research and strategic planning to organisations and projects, often in the visitor attraction, arts, cultural, heritage or environmental sectors.
As owner, Director and sole employee, Ann Nicol is the only person who may access and process your personal data. Collection and processing of data is usually undertaken on behalf of clients, but Heritage Pathfinder Ltd is also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, certificate reference number ZB022237.
Heritage Pathfinder takes the privacy of your Personal Data seriously, and works to the following principles:
· Minimising personal data collected and held
· Giving clarity about what personal data collected and why
· Personal data is securely stored
· Personal data is stored only as long as necessary to fulfil services or to comply with HMRC or other legal requirements
· No Personal Data is shared with external organisations other than specified clients for which we ask permission in advance
· Subject Access Requests will be acted upon promptly upon verification of the subject’s identity
· The Information Commissioner’s Office will be notified of any serious data breaches once known
What Personal Data is collected and why
Personal data is collected as part of conducting research surveys.
In online surveys, your name and contact details may be requested, but this is almost always optional, allowing surveys to be completed anonymously. If you choose to share your details, these will be used only for the purposes clearly stated in the survey, to which you are free to agree or decline.
On paper surveys, it is rare that name and contact details are requested, but where they are, it is again optional and clear what they will be used for.
How long data is stored
Data is normally kept for the duration of a piece of work for which the research was a part. If digital survey data is shared with the nominated client, this is only done so with permission.
In paper surveys, personal data may be transcribed into secure digital databases and treated as for online survey data. The paper surveys are destroyed no longer than 2 years after the date of collection.
Your rights over your information
You have the right to:
· Have a copy of the personal information Heritage Pathfinder Ltd holds about you
· Have inaccurate personal data corrected, erased or destroyed in certain circumstances
· Have your data erased (‘right to be forgotten’ or ‘right to erasure’) in certain circumstances
· Restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as if it is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
Further information on these rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website.
Heritage Pathfinder uses social media to connect with other professionals, clients and audiences. Analytics tools provided by these platforms are occasionally used to understand how they can be used better. See LinkedIn details:
If you’ve got any questions or concerns, or would like to know more about data we may have collected about you, please email:
This policy was agreed and updated on 21 December 2023 with immediate effect